Over the last few decades, there has been a warming trend across the globe. Many view this perceived pattern of increasing temperatures as unnatural and a result of the surge in carbon emissions produced by industrialized nations. Though some may debate t

Over the last few decades, there has been a warming trend across the globe. Many view this perceived pattern of increasing temperatures as unnatural and a result of the surge in carbon emissions produced by industrialized nations. Though some may debate the possible causes, one fact is certain: we are experiencing a global warming. The evidence for this is clear.

First, data from sophisticated instruments across the globe indicate a warming trend. Throughout the world, thermometers from weather stations on the surface of the Earth take readings of the temperature. These instruments have kept detailed records of temperature changes for over a century. The average of the temperatures recorded by all of these instruments plotted over time indicates that there is a general warming occurring across the globe.

Also, secondary evidence points to rising temperatures. For one, scientists have reported an alarming rate of breaks in the ice shelves of Antarctica. Specifically, a recent break of a reportedly 53 mile long and 40 mile wide iceberg. This unusually high number of icebergs calved from Antarctica in recent years has prompted many to see the reality of global warming, since excessive warming would cause the ice in Antarctica to become weak and break as it has.

Third, impartial, unbiased organizations such as respected newspapers and international organizations have considered the evidence and accepted as fact the idea that there is a warming trend. For example, major newspapers published part of a United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) climate report expressing grave concern over global warming. The report states that the climate has warmed over the last 50 years and that computer models predict an astounding 10-degree increase in the next 100 years with severe consequences for life on Earth.

The article states that we are experiencing a global warming and provides three reasons of support. However, the lecture explains that there is no conclusive proof that temperature are rising and refutes each of the Author’s reasons.

First the reading claims that data from sophisticated instruments across the glob indicate a warming trend. The professor opposes this point by saying that it’s true there are warming trend if we depend on all thermometers readings, but not all of them are trusted. He adds that some of those thermometers around the globe are poorly maintained. According to the professor, if we depend on the reading of only the trusted ones in the U.S. and Europe, there is no rising in temperature since 1979.

Second the article asserts that the iceberge broken in Antaractica gave secondary points to rising temperature. In contrast, the professor contends that there are ice breaking but the reading fails to say that there are cold and warm trends in that area; which may cause the ice break. Also, ice break could happen as a result of unnatural factors. According to the professor, we need more study and researches to find the reason behind ice breaking.

Third, the article posits that unbiased organization has considered the evidence and accepted as fact that there is a warming trend in the globe. The professor refutes this point by saying that this point is the most irresponsible one. He adds that this source which is the news paper took the report and publishes it before anybody examines it, they did that to increase sell not to inform the people.

that temperature are rising
that temperature is rising

that it’s true there are warming trend
that it’s true there is a warming trend

they did that to increase sell not to inform the people.
they did that to increase sales not to inform the people.

Sentence: First the reading claims that data from sophisticated instruments across the glob indicate a warming trend.
Error: glob Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Second the article asserts that the iceberge broken in Antaractica gave secondary points to rising temperature.
Error: iceberge Suggestion: iceberg