The reading and the speaker discuss whether the memory of Chevalier de Seingalt was accurate from different perspectives. The speaker negates all the ideas has mentioned in the reading.
First of all, the author of the reading points out that Chevalier de Seingalt declared that when he lived in Switzerland he was wealthy and he spent a lot of money on parties or gambles, but in fact he borrowed amount of money from a merchant. This point is challenged by the speaker. He restates the fact that it is true that Chevalier de Seingalt borrowed money. However, it does not mean that he was not rich. Actually, Chevalier de Seingalt needed to sell his properties and while waiting for the money from his trading, he borrowed some money from merchant and then he paid back to him.
Secondly, the author of the reading contends that people doubt about the accuracy of conversation between Chevalier de Seingalt and Voltaire. The speaker rebuts this argument by saying that every time after conversing with famous writer Voltaire, Chevalier de Seingalt wrote down what they have talked on a note book. He kept that book for many years. Moreover, a person lived with him witnessed that book.
Finally, the author of the reading states that Chevalier de Seingalt did not escape from prison in Italy as he said, but some of his friends bribed to free him. The speaker, on the other hand, opposes this point by explaining that there were other prisoners wealthier than Chevalier de Seingalt at that time, but none of them could bribe to get free. Therefore, Chevalier de Seingalt's friends could not do that either. He puts forth the idea that a government document shown that after Chevalier de Seingalt escaped, the ceiling of that prison needed to repair.
- TPO-18 - Integrated Writing Task In the 1950s Torreya taxifoha, a type of evergreen tree once very common in the state of Florida, started to die out. No one is sure exactly what caused the decline, but chances are good that if nothing is done, Torreya wi 61
- TPO-08 - Integrated Writing Task Toward the end of his life, the Chevalier de Seingalt (1725-1798) wrote a long memoir recounting his life and adventures. The Chevalier was a somewhat controversial figure, but since he met many famous people, including ki 78
- TPO-22 - Integrated Writing Task Ethanol fuel, made from plants such as corn and sugar cane, has been advocated by some people as an alternative to gasoline in the United States. However, many critics argue that ethanol is not a good replacement for gasol 63
- TPO-30 - Integrated Writing Task A little over 2,200 years ago, the Roman navy attacked the Greek port city of Syracuse. According to some ancient historians, the Greeks defended themselves with an ingenious weapon called a "burning mirror": a polished co 73
- TPO-12 - Integrated Writing Task Jane Austen (1775-1817) is one of the most famous of all English novelists, and today her novels are more popular than ever, with several recently adapted as Hollywood movies. But we do not have many records of what she lo 80
Transition Words or Phrases used:
actually, but, finally, first, however, if, moreover, second, secondly, so, then, therefore, while, in fact, first of all, it is true, on the other hand
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 6.0 10.4613686534 57% => More to be verbs wanted.
Auxiliary verbs: 2.0 5.04856512141 40% => OK
Conjunction : 9.0 7.30242825607 123% => OK
Relative clauses : 17.0 12.0772626932 141% => OK
Pronoun: 40.0 22.412803532 178% => Less pronouns wanted
Preposition: 40.0 30.3222958057 132% => OK
Nominalization: 4.0 5.01324503311 80% => OK
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 1455.0 1373.03311258 106% => OK
No of words: 300.0 270.72406181 111% => OK
Chars per words: 4.85 5.08290768461 95% => OK
Fourth root words length: 4.16179145029 4.04702891845 103% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.46281455972 2.5805825403 95% => OK
Unique words: 157.0 145.348785872 108% => OK
Unique words percentage: 0.523333333333 0.540411800872 97% => OK
syllable_count: 427.5 419.366225166 102% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.4 1.55342163355 90% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 6.0 3.25607064018 184% => OK
Article: 9.0 8.23620309051 109% => OK
Subordination: 0.0 1.25165562914 0% => More adverbial clause wanted.
Conjunction: 3.0 1.51434878587 198% => OK
Preposition: 1.0 2.5761589404 39% => More preposition wanted as sentence beginning.
Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 15.0 13.0662251656 115% => OK
Sentence length: 20.0 21.2450331126 94% => OK
Sentence length SD: 63.1874108418 49.2860985944 128% => OK
Chars per sentence: 97.0 110.228320801 88% => OK
Words per sentence: 20.0 21.698381199 92% => OK
Discourse Markers: 10.1333333333 7.06452816374 143% => OK
Paragraphs: 4.0 4.09492273731 98% => OK
Language errors: 0.0 4.19205298013 0% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 5.0 4.33554083885 115% => OK
Sentences with negative sentiment : 5.0 4.45695364238 112% => OK
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 5.0 4.27373068433 117% => OK
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.376326829128 0.272083759551 138% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.138138637572 0.0996497079465 139% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.0759218837505 0.0662205650399 115% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.222661560049 0.162205337803 137% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0771179226282 0.0443174109184 174% => OK
automated_readability_index: 11.4 13.3589403974 85% => Automated_readability_index is low.
flesch_reading_ease: 68.1 53.8541721854 126% => OK
smog_index: 3.1 5.55761589404 56% => Smog_index is low.
flesch_kincaid_grade: 8.7 11.0289183223 79% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 10.85 12.2367328918 89% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 7.73 8.42419426049 92% => OK
difficult_words: 59.0 63.6247240618 93% => OK
linsear_write_formula: 7.5 10.7273730684 70% => OK
gunning_fog: 10.0 10.498013245 95% => OK
text_standard: 8.0 11.2008830022 71% => OK
What are above readability scores?
Rates: 78.3333333333 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 23.5 Out of 30
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.