TPO 17 Integrated Writing Task

The reading and the lecture are both about the reasons why the birds decline today. While the author of the article argues three possible factors, the lecture disputes the claims presented in the article.
According to the reading, it states that upserging human population can cause the number of birds to decline. The article mentions that people typically used the bird's habitat to construct buildings. This argument is challenged by the lecture. He claims that urbanization rather lets birds increase. Additionally, she points out that pigeons and seagulls are more overwhelming than before.
Secondly, the author suggests developing agriculture activities also affects the birds. The article notes that these days many wilderness areas were used for agriculture. THe lecture however suggests that it is not a whole world acting like that. He goes on to say that in the United States try to lessen the agriculture areas than before.
Finally, the author puts forth the idea that use of ofchemical pesticide effect on it. The author contends that the birds through the poisoned bugs and contaminated water were affected. In contrast, the lecture stance is that many bugs are already resistant to those pesticides, so it is harmless to birds. He says that these days there are lots of new pesticides that are less toxic, so they will be solvent.