The author of the reading believes that the bird population in the USA will decline in the future and provide three factors of this problem. The lecturer casts doubt on the claims made in the article. He thinks that the support of the claims are not enough accurate to conclude that bird spices will continue to decline.
First of all, the author points out that because of human population increase there are fewer habitats available for birds as many forests and lands are now used to build new settlements. This point is challenged by the lecturer. He states that the growth of cities actually increased the number of some bird spices as now they live there.
Secondly, the reading contends that as more and more land is used for agriculture purposes the less natural habitats remain for birds. The professor rebuts this comment by saying that the number of agricultural lands is actually decreasing annually in the USA, so, fortunately, there is no need to destroy birds natural habitats.
Finally, the author states that the chemical pesticides used in agriculture will lead to the death of many birds as they eat the poison crops. The lecturer, on the other hand, states that new less harmful pesticides are being developed. He also adds that more pest-resistance crops are presented, so the demand for pesticides will fall. With this being said the professor effectively casts doubt that birds population will decline.
- TPO-46 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and exam 70
- TPO-47 - Integrated Writing Task Pterosaurs were an ancient group of winged reptiles that lived alongside the dinosaurs. Many pterosaurs were very large, some as large as a giraffe and with a wingspan of over 12 meters. Paleontologists have long wondered 78
- TPO-44 - Integrated Writing Task In 1957 a European silver coin dating to the eleventh century was discovered at a Native American archaeological site in the state of Maine in the United States. Many people believed the coin had been originally brought to 85
- TPO 45: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives. Use specific reasons and ex 60
- Did bees (a type of insect) exist on Earth as early as 200 million years ago? Such a theory is supported by the discovery of very old fossil structures that resemble bee nests. The structures have been found inside 200- million-year-old fossilized trees i 60
Transition Words or Phrases used:
actually, also, but, finally, first, second, secondly, so, first of all, on the other hand
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 11.0 10.4613686534 105% => OK
Auxiliary verbs: 6.0 5.04856512141 119% => OK
Conjunction : 3.0 7.30242825607 41% => More conjunction wanted.
Relative clauses : 11.0 12.0772626932 91% => OK
Pronoun: 20.0 22.412803532 89% => OK
Preposition: 25.0 30.3222958057 82% => OK
Nominalization: 5.0 5.01324503311 100% => OK
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 1196.0 1373.03311258 87% => OK
No of words: 239.0 270.72406181 88% => More content wanted.
Chars per words: 5.00418410042 5.08290768461 98% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.93187294222 4.04702891845 97% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.54210873807 2.5805825403 99% => OK
Unique words: 124.0 145.348785872 85% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.518828451883 0.540411800872 96% => OK
syllable_count: 366.3 419.366225166 87% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.5 1.55342163355 97% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 4.0 3.25607064018 123% => OK
Article: 7.0 8.23620309051 85% => OK
Subordination: 0.0 1.25165562914 0% => More adverbial clause wanted.
Conjunction: 0.0 1.51434878587 0% => OK
Preposition: 2.0 2.5761589404 78% => OK
Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 12.0 13.0662251656 92% => OK
Sentence length: 19.0 21.2450331126 89% => OK
Sentence length SD: 43.6891640519 49.2860985944 89% => OK
Chars per sentence: 99.6666666667 110.228320801 90% => OK
Words per sentence: 19.9166666667 21.698381199 92% => OK
Discourse Markers: 7.5 7.06452816374 106% => OK
Paragraphs: 4.0 4.09492273731 98% => OK
Language errors: 0.0 4.19205298013 0% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 6.0 4.33554083885 138% => OK
Sentences with negative sentiment : 6.0 4.45695364238 135% => OK
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 0.0 4.27373068433 0% => More facts, knowledge or examples wanted.
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.453541792479 0.272083759551 167% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.150837828722 0.0996497079465 151% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.0846443483522 0.0662205650399 128% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.257794564793 0.162205337803 159% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0839066707613 0.0443174109184 189% => OK
automated_readability_index: 12.1 13.3589403974 91% => Automated_readability_index is low.
flesch_reading_ease: 60.65 53.8541721854 113% => OK
smog_index: 8.8 5.55761589404 158% => OK
flesch_kincaid_grade: 9.5 11.0289183223 86% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 11.72 12.2367328918 96% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 8.08 8.42419426049 96% => OK
difficult_words: 53.0 63.6247240618 83% => More difficult words wanted.
linsear_write_formula: 8.0 10.7273730684 75% => OK
gunning_fog: 9.6 10.498013245 91% => OK
text_standard: 10.0 11.2008830022 89% => OK
What are above readability scores?
Rates: 80.0 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 24.0 Out of 30
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.