TPO 19 Many consumers ignore commercial advertisements In response advertising companies have started using a new tactic called buzzing The advertisers hire people buzzers who personally promote buzz products to people they know or meet The key part is th

The reading and the lecture are both about buzzing, which is a term for people who are paid for advertising a product by company.
The auther of the reading believes there are three reasons why buzzing is controversial and should be banned.
The speaker challenges the statements made by the author. He is of the opinion that what the reading states is misleading and gives wrong impression about buzzing.
First of all, the author suggests that costumers should be careful and know that person who is praising a product is paid or not. It is mentioned that learning to realize the difference between genuine speaker and buzzers is crucial and helpful to the consumers because buzzers are just giving incorrect information about products since they are paid for doing that. The argument is refuted by the speaker. He says what reading is claiming is not true about buzzers not telling the truth. Furthermore, he argues that companies actually hire people who use their products as buzzers.
Secondly, the article posits that consumers have less critical thinking when they talk with buzzers since buzzers act like they are private indivuduals without any hidden agenda. The article notes when consumers do not realize that what buzzers are saying is advertisement, they agree whatever the buzzers say. The speaker, however, casts doubt on this by asserting that actually oppose is true. The speaker elaborates on this by mentioning that when people know that buzzers are talking to them, the actually ask more questions, and if no good answers are provided, then consumers do not buy the products.
Finally, it is stated in the reading that buzzing is causing lots of harmful effect on social relationships. The author establishes that the result of buzzers, people are, nowadays, more suspicious of others. The speaker, on the other hand, opposes that if their products are not good, company cannot recruite more buzzers. If there are more buzzers, the producs are likely to be good. He puts forth the idea that good experiece leads to more trustful consumers and which in turn leads to more open position to recruite more buzzers.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.