TPO 26, Integrated

TPO 26, Integrated

The passage mainly explains that the zebra mussel fish has long been spreading in North America by traveling from its original habitat and zebra mussel has negative effect on new habitat by becoming dominate. The lecture, however, introduces some evidences that undermine such claim.

First, the article claims that human transportations is important reason for traveling zebra mussels fish because in the past, ships spreaded them in ballast water in Europ: therefore, human transportation causes zebra mussels transport to North America by attaching to ship without any damage. The professor casts doubt on this topic by saying that ships stoped during their travel and could not carry them because zebra mussels were able to seprate from ships. In addition, This fish ought to travel from ocean for arriving to North America, while salt water killed them.

Second, zebra mussel is a hardy species and does not has any predator in North America. It is argued that once they arrived North America became dominate, as the author claims, is repudiated by the lecture. He mentions that big marine animals switched their prey from native animals to mussels since there were a lot of zebra mussels in there, and it caused mussels never become dominate.

Third, the reading points out that zebra mussels fish hurt to native fish because mussels eat plankton, which is a main diet for native animals. In contrast, the speaking says that native fish population are likely decreased before zebra mussels arrived there.

is important reason
is an important reason

does not has any predator
does not have any predators

once they arrived North America became dominate
once they arrived North America and became dominated

native fish population are likely decreased
native fish populations are likely decreased

Sentence: First, the article claims that human transportations is important reason for traveling zebra mussels fish because in the past, ships spreaded them in ballast water in Europ: therefore, human transportation causes zebra mussels transport to North America by attaching to ship without any damage.
Error: spreaded Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The professor casts doubt on this topic by saying that ships stoped during their travel and could not carry them because zebra mussels were able to seprate from ships.
Error: seprate Suggestion: separate
Error: stoped Suggestion: No alternate word

The argument one is not correct.

------------------------