Tpo 28 integrated writing

The reading and the lecture are both about whether Rober E. Pearly reached the north pole is true or not. The author of the reading believes there are three reasons why it is true. The lecturer challenges the statements made by the author. She is of the opinion that there is no solid evidence and what the reading is stating is not convincing.
First of all, the author suggests that the National Geographic Society committee investigated Pearly's records and instruments. It is mentioned that the committee concluded that he indeed reached the north pole based on the investigation. The argument is refuted by the lecturer. She says the National Geographic committee's investigation was not objective. In fact, they were his close friends. Furthermore, she argues that the investigation only lasted 2 days, and according to Pearly himself they did not examine carefully. Hence, the conclusion was highly biased.
Secondly, the article posts that Pearly's claim is supported by a recent expedition to the north pole by a British explorer named Tom Avery. The article notes Tom Avery made the same trip less than the duration of Pearly's trip, suggesting his trip was indeed taken place. The lecturer, however, casts doubt on this by asserting that there is a speed issue considering Avery's trip. The lecturer elaborates on this by mentioning that Tom Avery did not put food as loads on his luggage, but instead, his foods were given to him during his journay. Hence, he was light weight compared that of Pearly. Also, Tom Avery's trip was during favorable weather conditions.
Finally, it is stated in the reading that Pearly's photographs support his claim. The author establishes that by determining the angle of shadows in Pearly's photographs could help determining the surf's position in the Sun. Hence, the calculated position supports what could have been taken on the north pole at the same day. The lecturer, on the other hand, opposes that measuring the shadows in the photograph has to be precise. She puts forth the idea that his photography was taken with a permitive camera with fuzzy pictures, and photographs get worse over time. As a result, it is possible to determine the exact position of the surf.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.