TPO 28 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they challenge the specific points mentioned in the reading passage

TPO:28 Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific points mentioned in the reading passage.

Robert E peary was a well-known arctic explorer, who claimed that he have reached to the North Pole in 1909 and reported in as international celebrity.According to the passage, it supports the claimed made by peary and presents three arguments.The speaker however stated that, there is no solid evidence for the peary that he did reached the northpole and stated that the ponts mentioned in the passage are not convincing.

First, according to the passage National Geographic committe had conduct a reaserch which indicated that the peary claimed was true. The speaker however, stated that peary had reached the northpole but the committed was not completely objective.More over, the investigation was lasted only two days and was not carried out carefully so, the conclusion seemed biased.

Secondly, peary claimed is supported by British explorer tom avery who mock the same traveled vehicle as of peary to proved the claimed.On contrary, speaker stated that the there was difference in the tom avery travelling was different as he did not carried his food so, their is less weight on his sledge.Furthermore, when avery travelled the weather conditions was favourable. Therefore, peary claimed was might be not true completely.

Finally, the shadows in the photograph supports his claimed. The speaker however, stated that the picture taken by the camera was fuzzy and were faded overtime. Hence, the shadow looked black and not clear which cannot be used for accuracy.