TPO 28Robert E. Peary was a well-known adventurer and arctic explorer who in 1909 set out to reach the North Pole. When he returned from the expedition, he claimed to have reached the pole on April 7, 1909. This report made him into an international celeb

Both the listening and the reading are questioning the idea presented by Robert Peary a well-known adventurer who claimed to reach the North Pole on April 7, 1909. The reading provide three concrete evidence that the professor deny entirely.

First, the professor agrees that the National Geographic Society declare that Peary did reach the pole. Moreover, she thinks that the committee how did the investigation is not being objective and is not trust worthy due to the fact that they have a strong connection with Peary friends, who helped Peary financially. She also added that the investigation only took two days and according to Peary the committee didn’t examine all of his evidences. However, the author mentions that the committee concluded that Peary's claims are consistent and persuasive.

Second, the professor debunk the speed factor that Peary claimed. She added that the comparison between Tom Avery’s trip and Peary's trip is not realistic for the reasons she provided. First she mentioned that it is true that both of them used the same equipment but Avery carried less weight on the stead since his food was dropped by airplanes. Second reason the two trip are totally different is that Avery's trip was done in such favorable weather condition unlike Peary's tip. On the other hand the text states that another proof for Peary's claims is that another explorer "Tom Avery" did the same trip at approximately the same time.

Finally, the professor assures that the photograph taken by Peary’s did not prove anything, since it was taken by a very primitive camera and could not be consider as a solid evidence. She added that the photo was fussy and faded that shadow calculation could not be done precisely. However, the text states that the photograph taken by Peary strongly support his claim.

The reading provide three concrete evidence that the professor deny entirely.
The reading provides three concrete evidences that the professor denies entirely.

the National Geographic Society declare that
the National Geographic Society declares that

and could not be consider as a solid evidence.
and could not be considered as a solid evidence.

the photograph taken by Peary strongly support his claim.
the photographs taken by Peary strongly support his claim.

Around 250 words wanted