TPO 34

Essay topics

In the set of material , both the reading and the professor is talking about a franchise. The reading defines the franchise as a license issued by a large , usually well- known, company to a small business owner. And it gives three advantages of a franchise. But The professor confutes each point in the reading.

First of all, the reading states that,a franchise owners prtotected from the risk of serious losses, because most of franchising companies have already found reliable suppliers, and a franchise contracts typically specify which suppliers are to be used. However the professor says that, such companies have been force the owners to buy goods and services with over prices. Moreover the owners are not allow to buy goods and services with cheeper price from anywhere else.

Second, the reading says that, a franchise is that it can save a new business a lot of money on advertising.but the professor says that, the companies doesn't make an advertisement to the owners. It has made advertisements for their products only, and if the company did an advertisement , it will take 60 percent from the return which is a lot of money, as a result the owners will get little benefit from a franchise.

Lastly, the reading claims that, a franchise offers more security than starting an independent ( non franchise) business. Conversely the professor says that, a franchise dosn't the most secure, although it's less risky. But the rate of failure at the first year with the use of a franchise is twice the rate of starting independent.

a franchise owners prtotected from the risk of serious losses
a franchise owner is protected from the risk of serious losses

such companies have been force the owners
such companies have forced the owners

owners are not allow to buy goods
owners are not allowed to buy goods

a franchise dosn't the most secure
a franchise isn't the most secure

is twice the rate of starting independent.
is twice the rate of starting independently.

Sentence: First of all, the reading states that,a franchise owners prtotected from the risk of serious losses, because most of franchising companies have already found reliable suppliers, and a franchise contracts typically specify which suppliers are to be used.
Error: prtotected Suggestion: protected

Sentence: Moreover the owners are not allow to buy goods and services with cheeper price from anywhere else.
Error: cheeper Suggestion: No alternate word