TPO 35 In 1912 a bookseller named Wilfrid M Voynich acquired a beautifully illustrated handwritten book manuscript written on vellum vellum is a material that was used for writing before the introduction of paper The Voynich manuscript as it

In the reading material, the author cites three reasons to explain the Voynich manuscript's origin: a beautifully illustrated manuscript written on vellum acquired by Wilfrid M. Voynich, a bookseller acquired. Nevertheless, the lecturer argues that the reading material reasons are not plausible and opposes them accordingly.
First and foremost, the author argues that Anthony Ascham is a possible author who wrote the manuscript in a complex secret code. However, the lecturer offers the opposite opinion that this assumption is not fit with Ascham's impressions. Ascham was an ordinary physician and scientist, whose books did not contain any original ideas - the little herbal, mentioned in the readings, was based on a common plant's description of other sources.
Besides, the lecturer casts doubt on the author's other reason that the manuscript is a fake without real meaning created by Edward Kelly. The lecturer demonstrates that it is true that Kelley had treated the European nobles for money by pretending to have magical powers. Still, there was no need to create such a complex fake magical book to trick the nobles (because it was in the 16th century, and they were easy to fool). If the author was Kelly, he did not need to take much effort to make the book looked like real codes since a more accessible book would already be enough to obtain money.
Finally, the author's third reason that the manuscript is a modern fake created by Wilfrid M. Voynich himself is also counteracted by the lecturer. The lecturer points out that the manuscript's ink and vellum were dated at least 400 years ago. Though Voynich could use vellum from other old books to take a fake, it would be difficult for him to find 400 years old ink.