TPO 38 integrated writing task

TPO 38: integrated writing task

Both the reading and the lecture talk about the methods of preserving the trees and vegetation from the damages of Phytophthora ramorum. In this regard, the reading presents several methods indicating that how such methods protect the forests. The professor, nonetheless, casts doubt on this claim by bringing up three reasons to refuse the author's view.

Firstly, the author alleges that the first practical method is ceasing of P. ramorum spore's distribution by encouraging hikers to wash their shoes and installing new bike scrubbers on bicycles. Conversely, the lecturer highlights that when rainwater follows to other places, meanwhile, such spore's particles are carried to long distances too. Therefore, such that method is costly and imperfect.

Secondly, the reading contents that, by using fungicidal chemicals, which considerably diminishes the probable oak that they will be infected. In contrast, the professor holds the view that such that method is not practical because governments should repeat this approach regularly for whole trees every mount, which is a more expensive and unpractical method.

Finally, the author asserts that the last practice method is clear-cutting, an approach for cleaning a vast area of infected vegetation by cutting and burning them. However, the lecturer points out that this way may destroy healthy trees, which may endanger such healthy trees. As a result, such species are not able to get back quickly to forests.