TPO 4

TPO 4

The reading passage examines the issue of evidence that dinosaurs are endotherms. The professor's lecture focuses on the same topic. However, he claims that dinosaurs are not endotherms, which contradicts that the reading states. And in the lecture, he provides three compelling arguments to support his idea.

Fist, although the reading passage suggests that dinosaurs fossils found in Polar Regions is a proof that dinosaurs are endotherms, the professor argues in the lecture that the Polar Regions was much warmer than now when dinosaurs were living there. Also, dinosaurs moved to other places or hibernated when the Polar Regions were becoming colder.

In addition, contrary to the statement in the reading that legs of dinosaurs are under body is a feature of endotherms, the professor contends that legs under body can support more weight, which is helpful for dinosaurs to grow large size, and this is an advantage to them. Clearly, the professor's argument disproves its counterpart in the reading.

Finally, the professor asserts that apart from Haversian canals, there is also Growth Rings in bones indicate the growth rate of bone, whereas the author of the reading state that Haversian canals can prove dinosaurs are endotherms. The author shows that this claim is specious by pointing out that Growth Rings can tell us the bones of dinosaurs grow slowly or stop grow when weather is relative cold. This is to say, dinosaurs, not like endotherms, can grow rapidly in a cold weather, which indicates that they are not endotherms.

The reading passage examines the issue of evidence that dinosaurs are endotherms.
The reading passage examines the issue of evidence whether dinosaurs are endotherms.

which contradicts that the reading states.
which contradicts what the reading states.

dinosaurs fossils found in Polar Regions is a proof
dinosaurs fossils .... are the proof

legs of dinosaurs are under body is a feature of endotherms
legs of dinosaurs under body are the feature of endotherms

which is helpful for dinosaurs to grow large size,
which is helpful for dinosaurs to grow to a large size,

there is also Growth Rings in bones indicate the growth rate of bone,
there is also Growth Rings in bones indicating the growth rate of bone,
there is also Growth Rings in bones which indicates the growth rate of bone,

-----------------------