TPO 40 Many scientists believe it would be possible to maintain a permanent human presence on Mars or the Moon On the other hand conditions on Venus are so extreme and inhospitable that maintaining a human presence there would be impossible First atmosphe

The reading and the lecture are both about the possibility of people living on Venus. The author of the article mentions that living on mars is impossible. The lecturer disputes the claims made in the article. His position is that there are many challenges for life on mars, but it’s possible through establishing a station that can float on the atmosphere of mars at a height of fifty kilometers instead of floating on Venus’s land.

To begin with, the author argues that the atmospheric pressure of venu's is a double fold of the atmosphere on the earth. The article mentions that anything that can land on Venus land will crush. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that by establishing the floating stations this challenge can be solved. Additionally, he points out that the atmospheric pressure at a height of 50 km is equal to the pressure of the earth.

Secondly, the writer suggests that there are no water and oxygen on Venue's land, and the atmosphere of the planet contains other chemical materials like carbon dioxide. In the article, it is said that water and oxygen should supply from the earth to the planet, and this is not a practical solution. The lecturer, however, asserts that the chemical materials which covered the atmosphere can be used to solve this problem. He elaborates on this by bringing up the point that producing water and oxygen can be done by using chemical materials instead of importing water from the earth.