TPO 44 integrated writing skill

TPO 44 integrated writing skill

According to the reading passage, author lists three main reasons to explain that why some archaeologists believe that the coin is not genuine historical evidence, since, lecturer holds opposite view and she mentioned that the coin is not fake. Also she points out some competing theories, which contradict passage's arguments.
Firstly, the essay assumes that the native american site in Maine where the coin was discovered is located very far from other sites documenting a Norse presence in North America. However, the listening material claims that there are some reasonable historical explanations that Norse settlements were interested in bringing objects from far distances.
Secondly, the writer indicates that no other coins have been found at the Canadian sites that were inhabited by the Norse. On the contrary, the speaker states that the passage's argument does not necessarily mean that the Norse did not go there, instead, they went back to Europe and they packed up some goods and merchandise and they returned to North America while they usually brought something with themselves.
Finally, the passage discusses that the Norse would have understood that silver coins would be useless to them, because native North Americans did not recognize silver coins as money. In contrast, she reckons that silver coins might have been very appealing for native Americans and they have using them for making jewelry and necklace, thus they understood that silver coins are useful and precious.