TPO 45 integrated writing

TPO 45 integrated writing

Although in the passage, some points have been made to doubt that the structures are made by bees, the lecturer considered the points are not convincing.

First of all, there are a pretty good reason for why there is no fossils of actual bees. Fossils of bees must rely on a substance of a typical kind of tree, without which fossils are not likely to be formed. Nevertheless, this kind of tree are not exist 200 million years ago, so the absence of bee fossils is reasonable.

Second, the passage says that without flowering plants, which are the main food resource of bees, the bees can not exist. The lecturer points out that, however, before the appear of flowering vegetation, chances are that bees fed on other kinds of plants. The strongly dependent biological relationship may evolved after flowering plants appeared.

Last, the scarcity of details of structures is not a convincing reason. In the lecture we can know that there is a special and distinct chemical in the bee nests for water-proofing. And most surprisingly, this chemical is also found in the 200-million-year-old fossil, which supports that the bees may exist at that time.