TPO 45 Integrated Writing Task

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion on whether bees existed 200 million years ago. The author mentions three potential theories that bees do not. On the contrary, the professor considers none of them would be persuasive with certainty.
First, the reading suggests that no bee fossils have been found as evidence. However, the opinion has been opposed by the professor with new proof. The professor says that to preserve an insect as a fossil, it must cover by a tree resin which is rare at the time. As a result, the reading has been challenged heavily.
Moreover, the author claims that there are no flowering plants to interact with bees. On the other hand, the lecturer states that bees might excite before flowering plants appear and they still manage to live, after flowering plants show up, bees adapt to the change and ramain. The opinion differs from the reading.
Finally, the author believes that fossil structures lack details, while the professor in the listening material maintains that the chemical to prevent bees from water is also found on the nets, which is evidence to prove. Thus, the reading passage has been refuted again.
Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.