TPO 47 The way pterosaurs were flying

TPO 47: The way pterosaurs were flying

The reading and the lecture are both about the way that pterosaurs used to fly. The author of reading firmly believes that these animal were not able to perform powered flight; however the speaker effectively casts doubt on three argument presented by writer. She asserts that today's evidences suggests that pterosaurs were capable of powered flight.

To begin with, the author believes that pterosaurs' ancestor were cold-blooded, which means that these animal had a slow rate of metabolism, making them incapable of producing enough energy needed for such energy-consuming activity. On the contrary, the speaker presents a hole in this belief by highlighting the fact that the evidence shows that pterosaurs had dense hair-like covering, helping them to maintain body heat. In light of this evidence, the author cold-blooded argument begins to lose wight since pterosaurs were able to maintain body temperature with their fether-like isolation system.

Secondly, The penman cites the weight of pterosaur as a barrier to be able to powered flight, because it probably was difficult to maintain this weight through flapping. However, the speaker diverges from this viewpoint citing the fact that despite their massive body structure, pterosaurs had low-density bones, giving them a advantage to be able to perform powered flight. Therfore, the essayist argument deserve less consideration since they possesed much less weight and they could easily be an airborne creature.

Finally, the essayist mentions the lack of big, powerful muscles in pterosaurs' leg to support the push needed for take off. On the other hand, The lecturer explains that these enormous animals are tend to use their four limbs to begin a fly. Moreover, the speakers cites the studies, suggesting that Pterosaurs actually were able to run fast and jump efficiently. In light of this finding, author's argument concerning lack of powerful leg, becomes less clear.