TPO 49 Integrated Writing Task Like many creatures humpback whales migrate long distances for feeding and mating purposes How animals manage to migrate long distances is often puzzling In the case of humpback whales we may have found the answer the

The reading and the lecture are both about how humpback whales migrate long distances by the star. While the author of the article argues that they will navigate by the star, the lecture disputes the claims presented in the article. His position is that the humpback whales can not follow the star to move.
According to the reading the humpback is very intelligent so it is possible they can navigate by the star. The article mentions that they have a well-developed brain and their cognitive ability is also good, so it makes sense that humpback whales follow the star light. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that humpback whale’s brains are not very good. Additionally, he points out that the ducks also have a bad brain, but they also can find the way to go. Therefore, there is another reason for them to find a way.
Secondly, the author suggests humpbacks migrate in straight lines. The article notes that when most animals migrate straight lines rely on the other creatures, but humpbacks are in the ocean, so they might follow the star light to find it. The lecturer, however, asserts that it is not that the star helps them to move in a straight line. He goes on to say that the earth's magnetic field makes them migrate in straight lines.
Finally, the author puts forth the idea that one behavior, ‘spy-hopping’ is to look for the star in the sky. The author contends that humpbacks who migrate to another way always do the spy-hopping. In contrast, the lecturer’s stance is it is not for a star to do that behavior. He says that when they hunting also do like that just like shark.