TPO 5 Summarise the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they case doubt on specific points made in the reading passage

TPO 5 Summarise the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they case doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.

Both the reading and the lecture are about the early settlement of Chaco Canyon. The writer suggests three theories which explain that the usage of these buildings were as a great houses. The lecturer opposes these theories. He thinks that non of them are convincing.

First and foremost, the professor explains that those buildings might have looked like a residence of 100 people living in it because they were big. However, the fire places that were found there could have been in a large number. Archaeologists have found only a few of them, which means that this buildings might have been supported no more than ten families. This contradicts the point made in the reading, which states that the structure of the buildings were purely residential, which housed hundreds of people.

Secondly, the teacher points out that evidence shows that excavate did not find any trace of maize, which was the main food source for people at that time. Consequently, they did not find any container that was used to store that type of food. Nevertheless, this point is opposed by the reading's claim, which states that these structures were used to store food supplies.

Finally, the lecturer disagrees with the reading's suggestion that houses were used as ceremonial centers. Therefore, archaeologists have identified a massive mound formed by old materials hat were used for this ceremonies. The professor opposes this theory by saying that the mound could have been accumulated by waste materials from buildings constructions. Consequently, those waste were trash that was thrown there. Also, pots that they have found could have been the waste of the workers who worked in these buildings.