TPO 50 Integrated Writing Task Scientists are considering the possibility of sending humans to mars in the coming decades Although there have been successful manned missions to the Moon in the 1960s and 1970s Mars is 150 times further away from Earth than

TPO-50 - Integrated Writing Task
Scientists are considering the possibility of sending humans to mars in the coming decades. Although there have been successful manned missions to the Moon in the 1960s and 1970s, Mars is 150 times further away from Earth than the Moon is. Thus the project of sending humans to Mars would require solving an array of problems the Moon missions did not have to face

The article explains proplems that face the project of sending humans to mars. In response, the professor suggests several solutions to overcome these challenges.
First, the article talks about food, water and oxygen supplies. The round-trip to mars and back takes almost two years. In addition to that, the capacity of the space vehicle is too limited which will cause a shortage in the supplies. according to the professor, the hydroponic system will solve this proplem. this system helps in cultivating the food and recycle the water to be ready to drink. Moreover the plants release oxygen that provide fresh air to breath for the astronauts.
Second, the article says that spending a long time in a zero-gravity environment will cause negative effects on the human body, such as deacresed muscle mass and lower bone density. However, the professor explains that astronauts learn to manage the decrease in muscles mass by specific exercises, and they take calcium supplements to slow down the decrease in bone density.
Third, according to the article, the astronauts would be exposed to dangerous levels of space radiation especially from the sun. In contrast, the professor illustrates that the sun radiation is not always at a dangerous level. The spaceship can have a low weight equipments to monitor the dangerous radiation when it comes. For example, when the dangerous radiation come, the astronauts can stay at a sheided area until the dangerous radiation time ended.