TPO-5Question: Summarise the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories discussed the reading passage.

TPO-5
Question: Summarise the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific theories discussed the reading passage.

The lecturer revises the points made in the passage regarding the settlements of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico in the American southwest. The passage talks about three theories of how the building were used by native American during settlements. The lecturer castes doubts about those theories.

Firstly, according to the reading passage great houses of Chaco buildings were architecturally huge and residential. And assumed that around hundreds of people could have lived in that house. However, the lecturer states that the argument is unconvincing because there were not enough fireplaces in the house. regardless of outer giant look they only contained ten fireplaces in the interior which could be sufficient for ten families.

Secondly, the passage states that Chaco structures had a immense food supply because of larger storage spaces and they stored grain maize as a main crops. However, The lecturer found this theory more plausible because there were no traces of grain maze were found during excavation. Additionally, they didn't find out any containers used to store those crops.

Thirdly, the passage claims that Chaco houses were similar as Pueblo Alto which was used as ceremonial centers because Archaeologists found the mounds of broken pots used for special ceremonies. However, the lecturer states that there were evidences of lot of other building materials such as sands, stones. Therefore, mounds found during excavation could be trash of building construction. Mounds of pots could be utensils used by workers.

in conclusion, evidence presented by lecturer don't support the three theories mentioned in the passage about the great houses during settlement of Chaco canyon in the American Southwest.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3