TPO 6: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.
according to the passage, the communal online encylopedia might be attractive but it have many problems that make it worthless than traditional encylopedia. The speaker however, stated that the communal online encylopedia benefits outweighs it negative effects and stated that the points mentioned in the passage are ignorant about the benefits of communal online encylopedia.
To begin with, accordind to the passage the chance of error in communal online encylopedia are more as the informations is contributed people with lack of academic credentials. The speaker however, stated that there are no perfect encylopedia even the traditionals encylopedia have some errors. Moreover, the error in online encylopedia can be altered but in tradationals encylopedia errors stayed there forever.
Secondly, online encylopedia are vulnerable to data fabrication and can be easily corrupted as mentioned in the passage. How ever, to overcome this problem online communal encylopedia put crucial facts in the atricle in read only section so, information can not be edited. Futhermore, the other strategy allows only special editor to make changes in the important information. Therefore, tampering and fabricating data is also not possible in communal online encylopedia.
Finally, information in internet is too vast even small details about the topic is given which creates false impression to the reader that what is important or what not.How ever, according to the speaker, this is the benefit of online communal encylopedia that they have plenty of space in which great variety of data can be mentioned.More over, in traditionals encylopedia have limited amount of space so they only add limited information which is crucial to the topic. Hence, online encylopedia have the great adavntage of unlimited amount of information over traditional encylopedia.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Providing Internet access is just as important as other services such as building roads so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost Use specific reasons and examples 60
- Many people welcome the opening of shopping areas near their homes On the other hand some people are strongly opposed to the construction of such facilities If the opening of a large shopping center in your neighborhood were announced would you support or 60
- You have the opportunity to stay in a country that you have never been to Which country would you like to visit Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice 60
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement After completing high school students should take at least a year off to work or travel before they begin studying at a university Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 60
- Some students prefer to study and do homework alone Others prefer to study and work on class assignments with a group of fellow students Which do you prefer Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 65
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 23 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 11 12
No. of Words: 283 250
No. of Characters: 1540 1200
No. of Different Words: 128 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.102 4.2
Average Word Length: 5.442 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.934 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 123 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 96 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 69 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 50 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 25.727 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 18.096 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.909 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.464 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.613 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.159 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 3 4