TPO 7

TPO 7

The reading specifies that there are three points that companies places in the United States would not adopt friendly practices to receive ecocertification. The professor, however, implies that there are good reasons to achieve this certificate, and wood businesses eventually will oblige to get it.

Firstly, based on the reading, American consumers do not pay much attention to advertising. Also, they do not trust claims that are made by advertisement companies. Nevertheless, the man explains that people in the United States do not treat all advertisements like each other or consider them the same. They distinguish between different products and trust international certification. Therefore, people favorably prefer to select wood tools with the mentioned label.

Second, according to the reading, ecocertified woods need additional cost to acquire ecocertification label made it too expensive and since people mostly motivated by price, they prefer cheaper products. In contrast, the man states that the price affects the buyers' decision when its difference with other materials are much higher. They consider other parameters than the cost when the price difference is small. Furthermore, a certified label that tries to preserve the environment and pay attention to its value is important for consumers.

Third, the article says since the American wood businesses sell their products in the country, getting a certification that abroad companies has, is not necessary. On the contrary, the lecturer asserts that wood industry is an international competition and the Ameriacn company should start marketing in foreign countries. After that, abroad wood companies will come to the United States market and owning a certification can be differentiate between the quality of products.