TPO 7 Task 1

TPO 7, Task 1

The professor discusses the positive aspects of ecocertification and refutes each of the author's points one by one by providing supporting details and explanations. The information he presents contradicts the facts outlined in the reading passage.

First, the lecturer states that Americans do not treat every advertisements the same. They distinguish between the claims about products made in the advertisement by companies or by independent certification agencies. They have high confidence in independent agencies; hence, they respond to the advertisements about ecocertification positively. On the other hand, the article indicates that Americans would not value or even pay attention to the ecocertification label.

Second, the speaker approves the fact that Americans, like everyone in the world, prefer to pay less money for a product. Nevertheless, the point is that Americans do not choose or pay attention to the products with ecocertification when their price unreasonably is much higher or lower than that of the uncertified products, usually less than 5 percent. If there is a small difference between the prices for ecocertified and uncertified products, they value the label and consider that in their choice of products. Quite the opposite, the reading passage asserts that because of the lower price, the customers will prefer to buy the cheaper uncertified products.

Third, the professor posits that in international business, because of foreign competition, the Americans consider the ecocertification. If the American companies fail to keep up with the developments and attract the customers who are interested in certified products, other foreign companies might take control of the market in the United States and dominate the businesses. However, the reading passage claims that pursuing certification would make sense for American wood companies only if they marketed most of their products abroad.

treat every advertisements the same.
treat every advertisement the same.

Sentence: Nevertheless, the point is that Americans do not choose or pay attention to the products with ecocertification when their price unreasonably is much higher or lower than that of the uncertified products, usually less than 5 percent.
Error: uncertified Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: If there is a small difference between the prices for ecocertified and uncertified products, they value the label and consider that in their choice of products.
Error: ecocertified Suggestion: certified

Sentence: Quite the opposite, the reading passage asserts that because of the lower price, the customers will prefer to buy the cheaper uncertified products.