TPO.13

Essay topics

The reading states that salvage logging is beneficial both to a damaged forest and to the economy. And provides three supporting reasons. But the professor says that the salvage logging doesn't help the forest and refutes each claim in the reading.

First, the reading claims that salvage logging removes the dead trees and makes room for fresh growth immediately , which is likely to help forest areas recover from the disaster. However the professor says that cleaning up of forests will not create a right condition furthermore the decomposition will happen in the soil and when the dead trees will remove this will lead to remove nutrients also.

Second, the reading says that, by removing rotting wood , salvage logging helps minimize the dangers of insect infestation such as the spruse bark beetle, thus contributing to the health of the forest. Conversely the professor says that spruce bark beetle lived in forest for hundered years without damage . And a lot of habitats used by birds, rabits, so this is good for health of the forest.

Third, salvage logging has economic benefits. Many industries depend upon the forests for their production, and because of this a fire can have a very harmful effect on the economy. And also it helps create additional jobs for local residents, but the professor says that economic benifts are small and they don't last very long and in damage there are a lot of payments should give to the airplanes and helicopter when they are coming to help in addition to that the jobs for local residents are temporarily

And a lot of habitats used by birds, rabits
And a lot of habitats are used by birds, rabits

Sentence: Many industries depend upon the forests for their production, and because of this a fire can have a very harmful effect on the economy.
Description: The tag a determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a
Suggestion: Refer to this and a

Sentence: Second, the reading says that, by removing rotting wood , salvage logging helps minimize the dangers of insect infestation such as the spruse bark beetle, thus contributing to the health of the forest.
Error: spruse Suggestion: ?

Sentence: Conversely the professor says that spruce bark beetle lived in forest for hundered years without damage .
Error: hundered Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: And a lot of habitats used by birds, rabits, so this is good for health of the forest.
Error: rabits Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: And also it helps create additional jobs for local residents, but the professor says that economic benifts are small and they don't last very long and in damage there are a lot of payments should give to the airplanes and helicopter when they are coming to help in addition to that the jobs for local residents are temporarily
Error: benifts Suggestion: benefits

Don't forget punctuation marks:

but the professor says that economic benifts are small and they don't last very long and in damage there are a lot of payments should give to the airplanes and helicopter when they are coming to help in addition to that the jobs for local residents are temporarily