Essay topics: tpo14
In the reading passage, salvage logging is considered a beneficial way of forest recovering after a severe damage, while in the listening passage, the professor uses examples to illustrate that salvage logging may do more harm than good for both the forest eco-system and the economy.
Firstly, the reading article indicates that it would take years for the dead trees to decompose, which would leave no room for new plants. However, the presenter argues that decomposition would be helpful to bring nutrients to the earth in devastated areas, which could actually be beneficial to future trees. So without the procedure of decaying, the soil would be lack of nutrients and unhelpful for the growth of trees later.
Moreover, in the reading part, it is worried that the harmful insects, such as the spruce bark beetle, would take the advantage of suitable living habitat and invade other healthy alive trees. Whereas the lecturer suggests that the bark beetle has been living in that place for one hundred years and still cause serious trouble, in addition there are also some birds and insects which do no damage are relying on the environment. And salvage logging would totally deplete their home and destroy the whole system.
Finally, the economic benefits are mentioned in the reading, which means that salvage logging would clean up the wood that has been burned and make usage of the left one, as well as create new job opportunities for local residents. In fact, some work of cleaning up the damaged forests is technology required, for example, hiring helicopters, so that it would spend plenty of money in salvage logging. Additionally, some work has to be finished by professionals, thus the number of extra working positions would be limited.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 weeks 1 day ago||hosna69||80||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Mostafa93106325||80||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 hours ago||ebiv87||73||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||zhrnrz-1992||80||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 weeks ago||divingteng||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||Fatemehhh||73||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 weeks ago||Joy1111||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||62668692||76||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||62668692||78||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||amala97||3||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)