Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Personally, I totally agree with the statement that lives have becoming easier now than they were when my grandparents were kids, because the technology and education have made people be more likely to fulfill their desire.
Firstly, transportation means have made it easier and more possible for people to move around the world. Thinking of cars, trains and airplanes, which are increasing the speed of people moving from one place to another, these transport methods could not be imagined when my grandparents were children. When they were young, the advanced transportation method is bicycles, which were the representations of wealth, and my grandma could never picture that people could move from the northern-most to the southern-most in one day, even on the express train. So, the rapid transportation methods are making the world a better place to live in.
Secondly, the computer technology is leading one of the most evolution in the whole world, which started at the end of the last century. Today, we could easily find what we want to know, and the invention of digital storage has made the data storage unbelievably convenient and small. And with the development of internet, we could connect with the rest of the world easily. We could get access to many big online worldwide libraries through a few clicks or presses on keyboard, which used to be really hard in the first few decades of the last century.
Furthermore, the increasing focus on education, especially in China, which has put so much attention and investment in high-level education, has improved the knowledge background of human being. When my grandparents were young, they could only get primary school education in the local village because of the lack of well-trained teachers and the release from the World War II. With the increasing access to education, people could know more about humanity and science, which can make people feel happier than before, since the release of struggles from the unawareness of basic understanding could let people follow the step of other developed countries.
Thus, as the world is developing so rapidly through the last eighty years, people are filling more satisfied about their life now than before, especially when China was suffered from the war back in my grandma's age.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)