Essay topics: tpo13
In the reading passage, it is indicated that the commercialization of fossil discoveries and collections could be harmful for both the investigation of fossils and the development of science. Which the professor talks about the same topic, they hold different positions, and the professor explains her opinions specifically.
Firstly, as suggested in the reading article, private collections could forbid the public to see the fossils and let them finally lose their curiosity of ancient fossils. However, the presenter argues that it is the private collectors who has been increasing the exposure of fossils to people, while the collections belongs to schools and public institutions do not allowed to be exhibited in front of the public.
Moreover, the reading states the concern of private commercial collectors with limited knowledge about fossil could waste the scientific source and leave some important discoveries unachievable. In fact, the lecture introduces in details that a basic procedure before fossils becoming valuable is letting scientific experts examine them and dig the whole information of them first. Hence, the worry in the reading passage is unreasonable and unnecessary at all.
Finally, in the reading, it worries about some information might be missing forever since private collectors often damage the position messages from fossils when they were laying underground. But the professor believes that we have gained more in commercial diggings than loss, because most of the fossils was exposed to the surface by private sectors. Universities and scientific institutions have little power in finding fossils, more evidence would be completely undiscovered if the private collection was forbidden.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||aldovega0516||86||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 4 hours ago||hosna69||80||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||alta||90||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||vida00||80||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||cathy60321||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 weeks ago||Joy1111||60||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||62668692||71||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||62668692||81||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||62668692||78||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||peerless alex||85||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.Use specific reasons and examples to (80)
- Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Other believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to s (65)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people today have no influence on the important decisions that determine the future of society as a whole.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (75)
- Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use specific reasons and examples to sup (80)
- Educating children is a more difficult task today than it was in the past because they spend so much time on cellphone, online games and social networking websites. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (62.5)
- tpo9Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)