TPO17 integrated

TPO17 integrated

Both the reading and lecture discuss possible reasons that human population's growth has on wild life. The reading claims that expansion of agriculture and use of more pesticides has declined population of birds. However, the lecturer finds all the mentioned reasons dubious and presents some evidence to refute them all.

First, the author holds the view that proliferation of human population has increased the demand for more construction that take birds' habitats into danger. On the contrary, the lecturer brings up the idea that urban development has provided a better and larger habitat for birds as they are getting seen more in streets than before. Also, she states that diminishing of various birds’ species was not uniform; some of them have gone and the remnants continue their life in urban areas.

Furthermore, the passage argues that growth of agriculture results in destruction of more lands in order to be suitable for farming. In contrast, the professor dismisses the issue due to the fact that newly introduced crops which are more productive are getting started to use in farmlands of U.S.A. As a result, in America fewer lands are exploited for agriculture.

Last but not least, the author asserts that widely use of chemical pesticides to kill agricultural pests has made a severe problem for birds since the chemical poisons import to their ecosystem. Conversely, the professor underline the fact that people are more conscious about side effects of pesticides and present two possible solution: new pesticides products which are less harmful to environment and growing the crops which are resistant to pesticide and harmless for birds.

for more construction that take birds' habitats into danger
for more constructions that take birds' habitats into danger

that growth of agriculture results in destruction of more lands
that the growth of agriculture results in the destruction of more lands

that widely use of chemical pesticides to kill agricultural pests has
that the widely used chemical pesticides to kill agricultural pests have
that the wide use of chemical pesticides to kill agricultural pests has

the professor underline the fact that
the professor underlines the fact that

two possible solution:
two possible solutions: