tpo27. integrated

Essay topics

Both the reading and the lecture talk about ''the little ice age''. The reading states that the ice age was a period of strong temperature rises that might have been due to several factors such as the disruption of ocean currents, volcanic eruption, and the drop of human population. The speaker refutes these points and states that the article arguments are out of date because scientist have new data.

In the first place, the article states that the little ice age might have been due to ocean currents disruption. In contrast, the speaker thinks that according to scientific data the golf stream only evoked temperature rising in Europe and North America, so this theory does not have a good fundamental base that might prove the little ice age.

Second, in the article the author says that volcanic activity might be the second possibility that might have produce the little ice age. On the other hand, the speaker disagrees and claims that it is true that volcanic activity might cause a huge amount of dust to cover the earth, but this was not the case because people did not have any visual effect such snow and the sunset changing of color. Because of this, the speaker disagrees that this might have been the case.

Finally, the article posits that human population reduction might have affected indirectly the weather and evoked the cooling on earth. Contrary to this point, the speaker states that human being population rose very quit, as a result farming also grew because more food was needed.

because scientist have new data.
because scientists have new data.

Sentence: Second, in the article the author says that volcanic activity might be the second possibility that might have produce the little ice age.
Description: A verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to have and produce