TPO29(integrated)

Essay topics

As it is clear the speaker didn't agree with the content of the passage . she refused the idea that the edmontosaurs survived as a result of their migration.

first, she stated that not only was there winter for several months in the north slope but there was also several months of summer with a warm climate that is suitable for a large number of plants to grow in, she indicated that edmontosaurs could feed on the plants during summer and feed on the dead plants remaining during winter with no need for migration.

Second, she contradicted the theory stated in the passage that the edmontosaurs were found in herds which helped them in coordinating their migration. the speaker gave an example for animals that lived in herds yet don't migrate , she said that being in herd could have helped the edmontosaurs against their predators.

Finally, the speaker used the writers own information to oppose him, the passage stated that edmontosaurs had to travel for about five kilometers per hour for several weeks , it was impossible for the juvenile edmontosaurs to travel such a long distance, and the elder admontosaurs wouldn't have left the juveniles since they knew they won't survive living alone.