TPO32

TPO32

Both the reading passage and professor's lecture discuss the strange sounds. The reading passage shows that the crews detected the sound like frog croak, and they considered that the strange sounds might be caused by ocra whale, giant squid, or other submarines. However, the professor discords with the ideas in the reading passage. He thinks that three theorems presented in the reading are questionable, offering several reasons to oppose the article.

First of all, the reading mentions that the strange sounds resulted from ocra whales during a courtship ritual. Yet, the lecturer severely challenges the theory by arguing that the ocra whales always lived in the ocean surface. Furthermore, he states that the submarine patrolled underwater, that is, the ocra whales should not be detected by the submarines. Therefore, the crews in the submarines did not discover the strange voice from the ocra whales.

Secondly, the passage suggests that the odd voices were caused by the giant squid because they are intelligent animals and it is possible for them to emit sounds. Nevertheless, the scholar seriously contradicts the hypothesis by asserting that submarines first detected quackers in the 1960s and it continued for two decades. Moreover, he contends that the sounds disappeared, and as we know, the squids still lived in the ocean where the submarine patrolled. Thus, the professor considers that the sounds should not disappear suddenly, so the second theory is unconvincing.

Last but not least, the reading article indicates that the military technology resulted in odd sounds that the submarines detected. Once again, the speaker casts doubt on the issue presented in the reading by maintaining that the sounds changed direction quickly and crews did not detect the engine noise. In addition, he points out that nowadays the modern technology may not manufacture the submarines which could alter the direction so fast and do no produce any engine noise.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.