Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I agree with this statement. People often possess different viewpoints on whether they are less happy or less satisfied with their present lives than the past. Based on my personal experience and observation of life, I strongly argue that people now are less happy and less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past.

First of all, nowadays, people often spend more time on working at the office and the most of people have much stress with their job. For example, I work at an electronic company which office hour is eight hours, but I often get an extra work after getting off duty. So I need to prolong my working time for finishing these works. I don’t have much time to take a rest and get tired every day. Even though I have to go on duty on weekends, many works wait for me to achieve them. On the other hand, if I were a worker in the past, such as farmers and fisher, I wouldn’t prolong my working time or get more extra works. Apparently, I agree that people are less happy at present than people were in the past.

Second, with the quickly development of technology, people now get used to communicating with each other on APP; sometimes the message can’t express the truth and it will let someone feel frustrated. For instance, now I usually use chatting APP to keep in touch with my friends. So we seldom have chance to talk with each other face to face. I think the foundation of friendship is built from people’s interaction. If we just face to the screen of the phone, we can’t feel someone’s real emotion and can’t get real happy from this kind of communicating. In the contrast, because people in the past didn’t have mobile phones and computers, they must face-to-face talk with each other or use phone. People can express the realest feeling by this way.

Last but not least, many products are continuously released new version; therefore, people are always unsatisfied with the situation at present. Take my sister an example, she always wants to buy the newest products, like mobile phone, laptop and camera. She has lots of desires, so she doesn’t feel satisfied forever. On the contrary, people who are born in the past don’t have more desire for needs. Because, at that time, the development hadn’t achieved completely yet, people were easily satisfied with everything they had. Accordingly, because the new stuff keeps being released, people desire to pursue new products. Thus, people now are less satisfied than people were in the past.

To conclude, by the world changing quickly, people now are easily less happy and less satisfied than people were in the past. That is to say, due to longer working time, the changing of people’s interaction mode, and lots of desire, people get less happy and less satisfied at present.