TPO44 the silver coin which is founded in US is genuine evidence or the fake one

The reading claims that a European silver coin dating to the eleventh century discovered at a Native American archaeological site in the state of Marine in the United States is believed to be a historical fake rather than genuine historical evidence. The author elaborates on his viewpoints by providing three main reasons. Nevertheless, the professor believes that the theories have serious weaknesses and refutes each of them.

First, the reading avers that there are great distance between the place where the coin was discovered and sites documenting a Norse presence, suggesting that this coin has no relationship with the settlement. However, the professor refutes this concept by stating that other objects left by Norse were found even further away. Therefore, this phenomenon can be explained by people travelled far away to obtain interesting objects and dropped the coin.

Furthermore, the article deposits that no other coins were found anymore, which means that actually the Norse did not bring any silver coins at that time. On the other hand, the lecturer mentions that owing to the Norse did not set permenant settlement, they were likely to pack up and take away their silver coins when they returned to their country.

Finally, the article asserts that believing silver coins would be useless to them in North America, the Norse would not bring silver coins with them. Contrary, the author casts doubt on this claim by stating that although the native would not view those silver coins the same way as they are today, they would view them as beautiful things which seemed appealing and may be used as neckless. Therefore, this theory rule out easily.