TPO 46 Integrated Writing Task In the United States medical information about patients traditionally has been recorded and stored on paper forms However there are efforts to persuade doctors to adopt electronic medical record systems in which form

The reading claims that storing patients' medical records in electronic databases rather than on paper forms benefits a lot. The author elaborates on his viewpoints by providing three main reasons. Nevertheless, the professor believes that these concepts have severe weaknesses and refutes each of them.
First, the reading avers that people can reduce costs on storing and transferring medical records by using electronic records since paper records require a significant amount of storage space. Plus, the cost on copying, faxing, and transporting paper records from one location to another will be saved. However, the professor refutes thic concept by stating that the amount of money saved will not be as significant as the reading says owing to doctors still need paper-form records for emergency backup or keeping a signature for legal use. Therefore, there will still be storge cost.
Furthermore, the article deposits that using electronic medical records, people can reduce the chances of medical errors, illegible handwriting, improper transcription of data, and nonstandard organization of paper records considering electronic records are associated with standardization of forms and legible computer fonts. On the other hand, the lecturer mentions that examing patients, doctors need to write down symptom and prescription, which means someone has to enter the handwriting into electronic form, but poor medical errors still exist and even are difficult to interpret.
Finally, the article asserts that electronic records help a lot by making it possible to gather large amounts of data from patient records. Therefore, the needed information can be immdieately draw out from the medical databases if researchers want. Contrary, the lecturer casts doubt on this concept by stating that due to strict privacy law in America, doctors are difficult to access patients' information because the law protects patients' right of keeping personal data. So, if doctors want to get patients' information, they have to go through strict and complex procedure, and patients' permission. Whereas, they still cannot get those information if patients reject.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.