tpo46 integrated writing

tpo46 -integrated writing

The reading mainly talks about the patient's history should electrically get saved. However, the listening challenges what state in the passage by providing strong reasons.
To begin with, in the reading, it is said that using electronic record reduce the costs. In contract, the listening holds the view that doctors always use to write on paper and take notes on paper, they prefer handwriting rather than electronic record. Because they have their original signature on the paper. So they keep the paper as history, as a result, costs will not reduce even if they record it electronically but still keep papers.
Secondly, the passage asserts that using electronic records will reduce the chance of having errors. However, the professor maintains an opposite opinion that says, doctors use to write on paper and they give someone else to save those data in the database. So, the person who reads the data and enters them into the database might make a mistake and still, an error can occur.
Thirdly, the author of the reading passage believes that researchers can find the data from the patient's history when data are stored electronically in the database. On the other hand, the professor disagrees with that point, he said some patients don’t like their history to be shown so they want to be private, that’s why if researchers want to access the medication, they have to pass many security levels to reach to those data. Thus, is not good for researchers too.