TPO48 Task1

TPO48- Task1

The reading and the lecture are both about the probable methods that can solve the problem of frogs' population declination. Whereas the author of the reading states some different approaches for that, the lecturer suggests that none of the solutions are practical. The lecturer casts doubt on the main points of the reading by providing three reasons.
First, according to the reading, the frogs suffer from pesticides, so there should be a law that prohibited farmers from using these pesticides near frogs habitats. However, the lecturer disputes this point. She mentions that this solution is not economically practical. To explain more, following this law can prevent farmers from staying in competition with others, and this may result in severe disadvantages for them. Since, by stopping pesticide usage, farmers lose more crops, they will fail the competition.
Secondly, the reading states that fungus' spread can harm the frog's population. Furthermore, applying antifungal medication and heating treatment can be helpful. nevertheless, the lecturer refutes this argument. She argues that this method of treatment must be applied to each frog individually, and this is a difficult procedure. On the other hand, this should be applied either on their offspring and makes this method complicated and expensive.
Finally, the reading claims that the frog's habitat is threatened by the huge usage of water by human beings, and the lakes should be protected from. On the other hand, the lecturer believes that the water issue is not the biggest problem, but global warming. Global warming can make many precious habitats to be disappeared. In addition, regardless of the water problem, various habitats are unlikely to protect from threats that occurred by global warming.