TPO51

Essay topics

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion on the elephant's beliefs. The reading mentions three behaviors. On the contrary, the lecturer considers none of them were true with certainty.
First, the reading suggests that old elephants know when their life is going to end and they will break away from the elephant family. However, it has been strongly opposed by the lecturer with new proof. The professor says that old elephants have weak teeth which make their need for soft food increase. Riverside is the place to find such food, so the elders leave for food, not because of dying.
Moreover, the reading claims that elephants are likely to communicate throw arts. On the other hand, the professor states that the elephant can be trained to remember how to paint but the art pieces represent nothing, which differs from the reading as well
Finally, the reading mentions the fear of mice. while the professor in the listening material maintains that the reason why elephants are scared by mice is because of not familiar, once they get used to them, mice are not a problem.
Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions n the topic made in the reading.