TPO6 Integrated Essay

TPO6 Integrated Essay

The article discusses about online encyclopedia and states that it has several serious problems that make it less valuable than printed encyclopedias and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor says that there are problems with this argument and refutes each of author's reason.

First, the reading claims that online encyclopedia can has academic error and can't be trusted. The professor refutes this point by saying that however no one can find an encyclopedias that be perfect, it is really hard to find an online encyclopedia that has error. And also, if it has error it can be corrected easily, but if a paper one has error it will remains for decades.

Second, the article posits that hackers can fabricate information in the online encyclopedia or delete them. So even if the original information was true, there is no guarantee that available source is true. However the professor says that in online encyclopedia author can create his file in a special format that can't be changed. So, no one can hack the information and modify them.

Third, the reading says that personal concerns may effects the subjects in the online encyclopedia and only some kind of subjects can be fined in the online encyclopedia. The professor explains that an academic group decide about the broad topics without any personal interests. She claims that variety of different popular subjects is one of the biggest advantageous of the online encyclopedia.

online encyclopedia can has academic error and can't be trusted.
online encyclopedia can have academic errors and can't be trusted.

find an encyclopedias that be perfect,
find an encyclopedias that are perfect,

that has error.
that has errors.

if it has error it can be corrected easily, but if a paper one has error it will remains for decades.
if it has errors it can be corrected easily, but if a paper one has errors it will remain for decades.

personal concerns may effects the subjects
personal concerns may affect the subjects

an academic group decide about the broad topics
an academic group decides about the broad topics

subjects is one of the biggest advantageous
subjects are the biggest advantageous

and need more content from the lecture. Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster

----------------------