Writing 1 toefl

Essay topics

Both the reading and the lecture discuss about ethanol. Whereas, the reading passage avers the use of ethanol, and develop three reasons, the listener support it uses with arguments that cast doubt on the reading.

First, the reading states that ethanol is not a viable alternative because it causes the same environmental problems as gasoline does. Nevertheless, in spate of the fact that the listener recognize that ethanol releases gases, he thinks that this is not a problem. because growing corn's trees will compensate this contamination. In other words, corn trees as all natural trees, absorb carbon dioxide from the environment and releases pure oxygen. So, it helps to keep air clean.

Second, the article supports the point that ethanol usage might reduce the amount of plants that provides food to animals. The listener contends this idea and claims that it's not right. He posits that corn's trees are not directly used to produce ethanol, instead companies develop the ethanol energy from cellous, and this is the part that animals don't eat, so they won't be affected.

Finally, the reading claims that ethanol cannot compete with gasoline because it cost more to produce, and it's subsidies by the government. The listener mentions a noteworthy point that costumer demand will increase the production of ethanol, and this will result in prices drop. Not only the government will benefit of this high demands, also farmer as well. All these reasons clearly cast doubt on the reading arguments.

the listener support it uses
the listener supports its uses

the listener recognize that
the listener recognizes that

the amount of plants that provides food to animals.
the amount of plants that provide food to animals.

Not only the government will benefit of this high demands, also farmer as well.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?