The influence of the social network on student

I) Introduction
The advent of the internet and its related products have a strong influence on people in the 21st century. One of the most famous products is social networking or social networking service(SNS), which also is a part of social media. According to Wikipedia, a social networking service is an online platform that people use to build social networks or social relations with other people who share similar personal or career interests, activities, backgrounds, or real-life connections. Social networks began to appear in 1995 with the first social network Classmate. This creates a premise for the development of the next generation of social networks like SixDegrees(1997), Nexopia(2003), Myspace(2004) (Boyd and Ellison, 2007). In 2007, the introduction of Facebook marks another defining moment for the online long range informal communication framework with a programming stage "Facebook Platform" that permits individuals to make new apparatuses (applications) for themselves just as different individuals. Facebook Platform quickly achieved great success, making an important contribution to making Facebook the largest social network in the world. Facebook's success has spurred local social networks to flourish and compete for user growth. According to Vietnam Digital Marketing Report 2019, the total number of active users is more than 8.48 billion, which shows the essential role of social networking in modern society. Under the influence of social networks, the way some branches operate has changed radically. For start-ups and businesses, social media helps reduce marketing costs and increase business efficiency for companies. For big companies, Social networks have gradually replaced the role of traditional advertising means such as television to become the main means of marketing products and finding potential customers. In terms of media, social media has made virtual friends more reliable sources than traditional newspapers because they are easily accessible to those who introduce them. Despite the controversy over the accuracy of shared information (also known as fake news), with the rapid growth of users, social media is on its way to becoming an important communication tool of modern society. In addition, the development of social networking goes hand in hand with the increase in user usage time. According to Vietnam Digital Marketing Report 2019, Vietnam already has 62 million active social users and the average time using social networks is 2 hours 32 minutes. During its activities, social networks have also led to negative effects on health and society like loss of sleep, stress, anxiety, self-esteem, loneliness,…To understand social network visually, this article was created to look at the positive and negative effects of social network and solution to reduce its harm.
II) Positive effects
The two main positive effects of social media are educational and marketing tools. First, we will investigate how social networks become an education tool. In general, social media through social platforms, wikis, online magazines, and mixed media create a community of diverse purposes and functions (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). Because of the community nature of social networks, then Kaya & Alhaji (2018) was observed that the social network “can be used as valid tools for student-teacher purposes, particularly to innovate student/teacher relationships.” However, for the purposes of education, the foundations need to meet three conditions: limit condition, diversification condition, and obligation condition (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). The limit condition characterizes the objectives and rules about the conduct permitted for individuals from a network (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). Next, diversification condition notice that a network must consist of individuals of different ranks, includes teachers(or experts) and students (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). Finally, the obligation condition builds qualities that allow describing every part as indicated by the work to be played and the exercises that he/she care about (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). At the point when the conditions were dissected, it was seen that they were available in most SNS on the grounds that most of these have use strategies that must be affirmed by each client before enlisting as a member (limit condition) (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). Also, they permit the development of self-putting together networks, which the members share in like manner correspondence focus on (diversification condition) and, through the arrangement of client profiles, guaranteeing the transitory remain of every member, award admittance to their own data(terms of obligation) (Kaya & Alhaji, 2018). Typical representatives are YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and SlideShare. In the above representatives, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are the most generally utilized internationally. Students utilize SNS for various purposes, for example, the conversation in classes, out-of-school learning, and arranging instructive shared exercises. However, the main explanation for social networking attraction is that it helps exchange information and knowledge. Second, social media has become a marketing tool because of the advantages it offers over traditional marketing methods, especially the ability to support low-cost or free advertising for small businesses. The world's current consumer trend is to shop online and social media influences it with its huge user base. Specifically, Singh (2009) observed that customers tend to “make purchasing decisions, they ask each other for advice”. Advice may come from experts but mostly comes from their friends. With a large number of users, social media has conditionally replaced traditional tools to become the primary communication between users. Chatting, interacting, and interacting with each other on social media results in more online purchases (Singh, 2009). Companies find that their website designs are ineffective without a link between buyers and social media( Singh, 2009). As a result, they plan the web destinations to permit customers to bring their social influencers into the dynamic cycle (Singh, 2009). And that is how social media became a marketing tool. In conclusion, social networks have many effects, but the two most powerful are educational tools and marketing tools.
iii) Negative Effects
Studies have shown that social media has many health and mental effects on its users. First, we’ll find out about insomnia, which is a common harm of social media. There are many scientific studies on the link between blue light and insomnia. Exploration has discovered that blue light can hinder the body's creation of the hormone melatonin, which encourages rest – and blue light, which is transmitted by cell phone and PC screens (Gooley et al, 2011). In other words, if you place your laptop or smartphone in proximity, you may lose sleep. Second, social media addiction causes many consequences but is not classified as a mental illness. It means social media is changing faster than researchers can perceive, so different groups are trying to test identified enforcement practices with its use. A study found that overuse was connected to relationship issues, more awful scholastic accomplishment, and few social activities in real life (Kuss and Griffiths, 2011). To put it differently, social network addiction is no less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco addiction. Third, social media has caused self-esteem problems for young women. Youthful grown-up social media clients are bound to "like" a post or picture that generally shows a great reaction by different clients, if they genuinely thought about it, speaking to bogus preferring conduct (Burrow and Rainone, 2016). As a result, they are forced to lose weight by society and are like the people loved on TV and in movies. Fourth, people tend to be jealous of others because of social media flaunting images. In a study involving 600 adults, about one-third of respondents think that social media makes them feel negative, which is mainly caused by jealousy (Schwartz, 2013). In particular, the things that easily make others jealous are vacation photos, a beautiful girlfriend, expensive supercar. Lust causes a "jealousy storm" when individuals respond to jealousy by adding to their business profiles as a pervasive substance that makes them jealous in all cases. Fifth, when you spend a lot of time on social media, you will feel lonely. A study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that the individuals who invest the most energy via social media were twice as liable to report encountering social detachment, which can incorporate an absence of a feeling of social having a place and satisfying connections (Primack et al, 2017). Moreover, when people reduce face-to-face interaction, they will feel barred. Sixth, there is evidence of social media's association with depression. Two studies in 2014 found that depressive symptoms were connected to the nature of online cooperation ( Davila et al, 2012). Analysts found higher levels of burden manifest among those revealing more negative cooperation ( Davila et al, 2012). There are many reasons for depression, but the most common ones are digital harassing, having a twisted perspective on others' lives, and feel like time spent via social media is a waste. In summarize, we can perceive its harm through scientific evidence and should do research in ways that can reduce its adverse effects on humans and society.
IV) Solution for negative effects
We need to be aware of the dangers of social media on young people and take steps to help them or their parents learn how to deal with the negative effects of social media addiction. A survey in 2019 found that 13 % of teenagers being depressed and 32% reporting anxiety, psychological sickness is a worry for adolescent health (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services). In other words, social media addiction can lead to psychological illness, and if you are addicted, you should find solutions to it. For individuals, you can try the following ways. First, controlling your time. Controlling your time is an important principle in reducing your dependence on social media, so there are some activities you need to do. You should try to handle all the necessary social media tasks within a certain amount of time. Next, you can replace some of your leisure activities with something else like play sports, read books, draw a picture, ... Lastly, set boundaries or as it were certain times once you can check your notices. Second, eliminate the social network applications from your telephone. These applications are very useful and are simply scheduled so that customers can visit at any time and in this way makes them gradually become dependent on the trend. The highlight of the versatile apps allow customers to go on social media to instantly check for any notifications - whether important or not, which inadvertently leaves us a lot of time online than real needs. Once you evacuate social networking apps from your phone, you'll still get to it together with your portable workstation or desktop computer, but it won't be as visit as on a smartphone. Numerous individuals have attempted this approach and realize they barely ought to visit a few commonplace websites each day. Third, seek outside help. Remember that you are not alone, you always have family and friends who can help you when you need it. You can prioritize spending time directly with them without going through any social networks. Friends and your family member can also remind you of your social media detox goals, avoiding getting discouraged and quitting during the detox. Fourth, often relax when using social media. Remember to take about 10 minutes to take a break after every hour online. You can do a few simple actions such as rubbing your eyes, stretching, drinking water, ... as long as you are away from the phone screen or other devices. Regular relaxation helps you to be less tired and avoid depending on social media. For parents, if your child suffers from negative influences from social media, there are a few ways to go about it. To begin with, you ought to conversation around fitting media utilize early and construct a relationship of belief encompassing social media (Mir, Novas & Seymour, 2020). Next, you check-in along with your children and let them know that it is secure to come to you in the event that they are encountering cyberbully (Mir et al., 2020). Finally, you should discuss how social systems can influence their emotions. It is critical to remind your children that individuals on social media are putting their best foot forward, and now, and then they are indeed posting photographs that are altered in arrange to create themselves see superior (Mir et al., 2020). To summarize, the above methods can help you and your family somewhat reduce the harmful effects of social media, but you should seek treatment if necessary.
V) Conclusion
As the use of social media expands and becomes a framework for everyday communication, it is necessary to analyze the effects it creates and how to respond to each situation. On the positive side, social media plays an important role in two areas: education and marketing. In the educational aspect, social media can offer assistance make and grow connections with individuals who can teach and bolster understudies. In the marketing field, social media play an essential part by increasing activity and serving a parcel of company commerce procedure. On the negative side, inappropriate use of social media will result in some harm both physically and mentally. For instance, insomnia and depression are the most popular physical issues and envy, low self-esteem, loneliness are mental issues. Although there are some measures to limit the harmful effects of social media, everyone needs to be careful when using it. Moreover, social media is changing fast, thus more research is required to higher perceive its future impacts. On the other side, students got to be able to recognize substantial and dependable information versus one-sided conclusion, how to utilize social media to expand relationships, without depending on it.