Essay topics: The majority of television news being reported is bad news: wars, famines, accidents and crime. Some people think that television news should be a mixture of good and bad news.
Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement and discuss why you chose that position. Support your point of view with details from your own experiences, observations or reading.
The media is responsible for widespread coverage and our perception of the news from all over the world. Some people think that news that we watch should be a blend of positive and negative events, however, others disagree and argue for freedom of electronic media. In this essay, I will explain why it is apt to have a balance of positive and negative news for the society.
Firstly, as human beings, we all agree that watching negative programs or news on the television creates stress and tension in our minds. The violent news programs showing heinous human acts are not only intimidating but also provoking. For instance, media coverage of a war between two countries is less on the current situation but more on the trauma and difficulties faced by the people in the war affected area. As a result, it develops pessimistic thoughts in the people watching such programs. Therefore, media can reduce unnecessary stress on the society by avoiding negative news.
Secondly, the positive news creates a healthy environment for humanity. It improves people's faith in human values such as trust, care and support others in tough situations. For instance, watching the documentary of Mother Teresa inspire us to work towards the development of underprivileged. Hence, positive news helps in building more robust and resilient society.
In conclusion, realistic portrayal of positive events is necessary to bring positive changes in the society and avoiding negative news can keep us stress-free. In my opinion, a balanced television news should be good in order to keep all of us duly informed about different events happening around the world.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||kathyngo95||72||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Gohar Khan||72||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||SAURABH063||72||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||Anil_PTE||72||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||thanuja01||75||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||begraj1||65||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||jyotikumari042||72||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||jyotikumari042||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 12 months ago||magesh07||11||Read full essay|
|1 year 12 months ago||magesh07||72||Read full essay|
- Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. It is more positive for their future prospects, though it can also have some adverse effects. Do you agree or disagree? (77)
- The majority of television news being reported is bad news: wars, famines, accidents and crime. Some people think that television news should be a mixture of good and bad news.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement and discuss why you ch (86)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies andindustry to move to regional areas outside large urban centres.Others believe that companies and industries should remain inmore urban areas.Choose which position you most agree with and dis (55)
- Studying at a good overseas university is better than studyingat a university in your own country.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement anddiscuss why you chose that position. Support your point of viewwith details from your own experie (72)
- Online language learning has advantages over classroominstruction.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement anddiscuss why you chose that position. Support your point of viewwith details from your own experiences, observations orreading. (77)
- Schools must prepare students for the university rather than for work. Support your point of view. How far you agree with this statement. Give examples from your own experience. (55)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?Please provide solution. (72.5)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. Some people believe that the year off is a waste of time while others believe that it is necessary.Choose which position you most agree with and discu (77.3333)
- Nowadays Television has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this (72)
- The environment we live in is in danger due to various global problems. What are the underlying causes? Who is responsible to combat this? What measures?The environment we live in is in danger due to various global problems. What are the underlying causes (11)