Home >> Pteacademic Essays

Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion?

Bhawati's picture

One of the most conspicuous trends of today's world is the colossal upsurge as TV has become an essential part of life.
There is a widespread concern that some people say life is very difficult to run without TV but the proponents are against it. In my opinion, this apprehension is warranted and merits serious considerations.

There is a deluge of arguments in favour of my stance but the most preponderant one lies in the fact TV is a source for news, awareness, and so on. In fact, not only do TV helps to get rid of loneliness but also provide knowledge of scientific development happening in this world. Many new innovations take place influenced by the TV. We can find overwhelming evidence in support of the fact that it is also a medium to spread news very quickly. Needless to say, all these merits stand for the companion of human in good stead, as far as better life is concerned.

On the other hand, one detrimental aspect of this argument is that TV makes a person out of contact with the society. Many illicit activities are taking place because of the TV programs. The endangered wild animals are being killed by traffickers because of the information about them through the TV. For a salient example, there is a myriad of researches by the various government bodies that show that Australian teenagers are into drug influenced by the movies they watch on TV. Hence, it is apparent why many are against the TV as an essential part of life.

In view of the arguments outlined above, one can conclude that the benefits of TV in human life are indeed too great to ignore.