Some universities deduct marks from students' works if given in late, what are your views and what action will you recommend to take?
In recent years, the trend that college universities deduct marks from students' work if given task submitted late was always a debatable topic. Parents and many people argue that deducting academic marks is not proper way of dealing and recommends to educational departments to implement other methods. I strongly disagree with the statement and I personally feel students' will be deprived. This essay would further discuss my views and actions that need to be taken with justifying reasons.
First and foremost, in fast running world, children are dumped with many subjects and asked to write assignments for all the topics. Sometimes, the project work given by the faculty or college may not be understandable to them and those students wait for others to complete the task to copy assignments from them. For example, the topic provided on global warming may not be clear to few students those who has low grasping abilities. Universities and schools has to come up with structured way of learning explaining the task before given instead of cutting the marks.
Furthermore, reducing academic score creates an discrimination among them and they will be in mindset that teachers are treating them as low academic abilities. This will decrease the self confidence of children. The best solution that is recommended to handle this situation is lectures or teaching staff has to sit with low scoring students and ask them the problems or concerns they are facing while submitting task. This will help to build relationship between teacher and student. In addition, institutions must provide certain guidelines and instill discipline and make them punctual.
To summarize, I strongly recommend educational departments to introduce new methods to submit the given tasks and provide separate classes to submit the assigned work. In a nutshell, it can be concluded that reducing marks is not the best way
- Should marketing for consumer goods companies like clothing and food focus on reputation or on short term strategies like discount and special offers? Why? (77)
- Global warming (85)
- Education is important as it teach ethics and life value as it teaches us practical things for future employment. What is your opinion? (68.5)
- Whether universities offer popular culture (77)
- University only requires to apply digital media rather than continuously upgrading textbook. Agree or disagree. (80)
- Internet access should be chargeable or should it be free in this modern society? discuss (77)
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should governments encourage that a certain percentage of these jobs be reserved for women? What is your opinion? (77)
- Some people believe that the sole aim of higher education is to make people ready for employment. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Discuss (77)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in an era in which new things are constantly being invented? (72)
- Some people believe that academic subjects such as chemistry, physics, and history should be taught in schools, while others believe that students will derive more benefit from studying practical subjects, such as motor mechanics and cooking. (77)