Professor A new story about Artificial Intelligence AI is in the news almost every day And of course companies are spending an enormous amount of money to develop new technologies related to AI Before next class I want you to consider the following questi

Professor: A new story about Artificial Intelligence (AI) is in the news almost every day. And, of course, companies are spending an enormous amount of money to develop new technologies related to AI. Before next class, I want you to consider the following question: Is AI a dangerous technology that, overall, will be harmful to society, or is it a powerful tool that will improve the lives of people?

Megan: Personally, I think AI is a threat. As AI advances, many jobs may become automated, leaving people without work. That will certainly increase income inequality. Additionally, there’s the risk that AI systems could be programmed with biases or used to discriminate against certain groups. We need to be careful and ensure that AI is developed in an ethical and responsible way. Since we can’t guarantee that right now, I think it is best to slow down.

David: I disagree with Megan. I’m of the opinion that AI has the potential to solve many of the world’s problems, from climate change to disease. Additionally, AI can help us make better decisions by analyzing vast amounts of data and identifying patterns that humans may miss. That said, I agree with Megan that we must ensure that AI is developed and used in a responsible way that benefits society as a whole.

In my opinion, AI is both a powerful and helpful tool to society. I strongly agree with David's opinion that AI has the potential to solve many problems of our society. I would also add that AI can be really helpful tool to our ordinary lives. Mostly all around the world, especially developed countries, the birth rate is decreasing, which could potentially lead to scarcity of man power as well as lonely old people in future. So, utilizing AI, we can help these problems via using AI powered robots for various task as well as they can be used nurses or caretakers for old people. They can monitor the health of old people, and also they can guarantee the security of houses when the landlord live their house to travel to another place for many months.
Megan raised a relevant point that AI is a threat that can cause people to lose their jobs. But she missed the point that introducing AI can cause people to have additional jobs regarding to AI development and utilizations. Also, AI can introduce universal income to everyone via utilizing many resources with its high technology and robot power.
Overall though, I think AI is resourceful in our society.