Question Doctor Diaz Our next class will focus on how companies maintain their staffing levels While it is important for a company to look for new employees to fill open positions many believe it is equally important for a company to retain the workers it

Question :Doctor Diaz
Our next class will focus on how companies maintain their staffing levels. While it is important for a company to look for new employees to fill open positions, many believe it is equally important for a company to retain the workers it already has on staff. In your opinion, what is the best way for a company to encourage its employees to stay at the company instead of seeking a different job elsewhere?

Paul
I think the best thing a company could do to keep its employees is to create a work environment that employees look forward to going to five days a week. Cramped office spaces or disorderly factory floors are not places I would want to spend a third of my life.

Claire
I see Paul’s point. But even more important than a nice workspace is making sure the employees don’t feel stuck in their jobs. Companies should offer opportunities for employees to advance their skills so they can get new positions within the company if they want. Employees should feel like they have a goal to work toward.

While I appreciate the points mentioned by both Paul and Claire, I think that the best way for a company to keep its employees is to provide them with more comfort. Initially, it is profoundly crucial to spot workers' needs and try to address them. For instance, companies should devise a plan on how workers can reach their offices with the best convenience. They can provide some cars to let employees carpool or some parking spaces to help them get rid of the thought of finding proper and safe space for their cars. Additionally, they can regulate work hours based on workers’ desires and abilities. This can help workers not only choose to work in their golden hours but also plan their pastimes more wisely. By doing so, companies will make their workplaces more engaging.