Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Television advertising directed toward young children aged two to five should not be allowed Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Television advertising directed towards young children can impact advantageously and disadvantageously and when it comes to the age range in question, I definitely agree with the statement that says, "Television advertising toward young children aged two and five should not be allowed". reason being that the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.

Firstly, children that fall between the said age group are malleable and vulnerable and are unable to differentiate between right and wrong. For example, growing up, my younger brother who was three years old at the time, saw a Television commercial that advertises an energy drink that gives you wings to fly when ingested. He was too tender to process what he saw and he wanted to put it into practice. So he ingested one of his beverages and climbed a swing gate. While he was in awe of flying he fell and broke his right arm and sustained some head injuries.

Secondly, Television advertising towards kids of this age range tends the put pressure on the parents. They are carried away with what they see. For example, when my son turned four. I took him shopping because I wanted to give him a treat. We went to a toy shop and while I wanted to get him a toy that was age-appropriate he threw a tantrum that caused a scene. when I asked him what he wanted he pointed towards the game section that had games for kids from ages seven and up. The particular toy he wanted was completely age-inappropriate but because he had seen the commercial a couple of times it impacted his choices

In conclusion, Television advertising can impact the morals of the age group in question since they cannot decipher right from wrong and it becomes a situation of garbage in, garbage out. It is in the best interest of a parent to be hands-on regarding what their children see on Television by filtering what they can or cannot watch.