Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Television advertising directed toward young children aged two to five should not be allowed Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Most people agree children are incapable of choosing what is useful and worthy. I think people should convince adults to purchase an item or a product, not toddlers. It is my firm belief that people should not profit from baiting two to five-year-olds, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent paragraphs.

From a young age, when we are just stepping foot into the real world, we barely have an understanding of money. Personally, when there is advertising on television directed towards youngsters I find it really off-putting. As young children cannot differentiate whether they really need that product or not, they tend to demand their parents to buy it for them. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my own personal experience. My niece wanted to buy this barbie with a sparkly dress that she saw on television, while she already owns twenty-one barbies. On top of this, just because of how they depicted this ordinary barbie with the magical glittery dress they were charging five times than usual. As my niece is unaware of the fact that money does not grow on trees, she whined for three days requesting to purchase that barbie. As a result, we ended up buying the barbie as her birthday present. For this reason, the advertising industry should be fair and square and not have toddlers as their target audience.

Secondly, it is common sense to be more sophisticated and moral about what to show on television. That way advertisers will earn more money appropriately.

It is certainly clear to see why advertising products that target children is wrong as it is taking advantage of children that are not enough knowledgeable. In light of the reasons mentioned, I strongly believe it should not be allowed to make advertisements directed toward toddlers.