Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Television advertising directed toward young children aged two to five should not be allowed Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I agree to the statement that television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed. Television is a great source of entertainment for children aged between two to five. It has both good and bad effects. But here I would like to talk on how the television advertisements have impacted on young children. There are number of reasons in support of my view:

First, among the kinds of support that might be developed in favor of banning such advertising might be that young children do not have the ability to tell what is good for them and what is not. I would like to support this by giving an example of my nephew who is five years old and likes watching television a lot. One day he saw an advertisement that by wearing that jacket a person can fly which is not true and he tried doing that stunt on his room window. So advertisements on television have direct effect on children. The children don’t know how to react to these advertisements and just do what the advertisement says.

Secondly, advertisement industry just wants to sell their product. They are just selling their products. They show different kind of advertisements to attract the children so that children then demand those items from their parents. Young children always get attracted to these fancy advertisements for example if they see toys on television and would demand every toy that they have seen on television.

Last but not the least, television advertising has excessively influenced young children and form lot of bad eating habits in them. Advertisement of all kinds of junk food like Maggie noodles, burgers etc that can lead to many health problems in children at this young age.

In the end, I strongly feel that not only the government or the television station should ban the advertisement directed at young children but also parents should keep an eye on their children and decide what their children should see and what should not.